Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Paintings

     Currently working on some new artwork and will have images posted soon. Also, I recently completed act one of my short essay. Not sure what to entitle it but it is still a work in progress. So far the piece is just under five pages long and may be lengthened but not sure yet. I'll begin working on the next installment in the coming weeks. I won't be posting it any time soon but may wish to seek publication upon completion. 

     Any ways I plan on beginning watercolors soon since I have experimented with oil and acrylic. Before I venture to a new medium, I will be reverting back to black and white photography. Mainly photographs of flowers and parks. Such as Georgia O'Keefe inspired flowers. Focusing mainly on individual buds with blurred backgrounds. Then I plan on painting the photographs. I have included a painting I recently did as my current photo. This was done using acrylics, which I was initially going to do. I drew the flowers and leaves by hand. Then I went back and painted trying to show warmth and depth. This is my second painting so far.

     I have recently been reading The Hobbit. This literary work is enthralling and I love the way Tolkien describes every detail. Once I have finished I plan on going through the whole series and perhaps it will inspire some artwork. The weather has been perfect for summer reading and I am remembering all the times at the library when I was younger. Enjoying the sun with a good book can be relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment